Skunk Odor Removal Formula
- 1 quart 3% hydrogen perioxide
- 1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1-2 tsp of liquid dishwashing detergent
1. For large dogs, add one quart of tepid water to ensure complete coverage.
2. Mix the above ingredients together.
3. Bathe the animal outdoors. Apply the formula to the pet, working deeply into the fur, and allow it to set for five minutes.
4. Rinse with copious amount of water after five minutes.
5. Repeat if necessary.
- The mixture must be used promptly and will not work if stored for any length of time.
- Do not store in a closed container. The container could break as the peroxide releases oxygen.
- The pet’s fur (as well as clothing, towels, and carpeting) may be bleached by the formula.